Statement of Faith
What We Believe: About God and His Work
1. We believe in God the Father, the Almighty, the Creator and Sustainer of Heaven and Earth.
2. We believe in Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, The Resurrected Savior and Lord.
3. We believe in the Holy Spirit, The Comforter.
4. We believe in the universal Christian Church made up of all believers
5. We believe in the redemption, forgiveness and salvation provided in the Cross of Jesus Christ to all who will receive Him as Lord.
6. We believe that the Scriptures are the inspired Word of God and are worthy for matters of instruction in faith, belief and conduct. The Scriptures also teach practices available for health restoration and maintenance such as, but not limited to, prayer, diet, fasting and laying on of hands.
What We Believe: About Man
7. We believe that we are created beings. By God we are created as body, soul and spirit and each part must be in harmony with God’s principles for optimum health.
8. We believe that we are called beings. We believe that we have a purpose and that man is called to a God ordained employment, to love and obey God, and to serve Him in whatever ways set before Him.
9. We believe that we are responsible beings. We believe that God has entrusted His Creation, including our bodies, into our care as His stewards and servants.
10. We believe that we are responsible for our own health. We believe that physical health is primarily a reflection of God’s Universal Law of cause and effect. A man reaps what he sows. How we feed and care for our bodies does impact our health and the health of our offspring.
11. We believe that God can and, at times, does directly intervene. It could be either to heal or to afflict, but always according to His sovereign purpose.
12. We believe that Satan, our adversary, will do anything to destroy us. We believe in the existence of Satan and his demons, and have no doubt that he is out to use every means possible, including undermining our health, to disrupt and destroy the lives of those who seek to love and obey God.
What We Believe: About Health
13. We believe that physical health is an important factor toward effective service and worship. A body that is diseased or in ill repair has a diminished capacity for effective service and worship.
14. We believe that good health is built upon Biblical principals. In order to maintain good physical health one must consistently breathe clean air, drink pure water, eat health promoting food, exercise properly, and get adequate rest, as well as learn how to effectively handle stress.
15. We believe that health promoting foods are primarily from the garden. A healthy diet is one that is balanced and centered on fruits, vegetables, and grains. In addition, these God given foods should be in forms closest to their original state and free of chemicals.
16. We believe that invasive health care measures are sometimes necessary. At times surgery and other invasive medical procedures may be necessary lifesaving measures. Such occurrences should be rare, but should also be preceded and followed by good health measures.
17. We believe that invasive measures do not heal. At the same time, we believe that healing only comes when the body’s own God-given protective mechanisms are restored.
18. We believe that spiritual health is of utmost importance. As important as physical health is, it is only a means to an end, not an end in itself. Man was created to love, obey and serve God. Of what profit is it to be well physically, and yet have neither peace with God nor a sense of His purpose for life? We believe that the work of a Christian health practitioner is to help the individual remove both physical and spiritual roadblocks to greater service in the world for Jesus Christ.